Thursday, August 27, 2009

Why are my kids so AWAKE?!

Samuel has been up since at least 6:00 p.m. and now its 2:45 a.m. and he's still awake. I don't get it. It's not like I let them sleep all day. Audrey used to be like this, too. It was not uncommon for her to scream from 9:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m. The only time she wouldn't scream in between then was when I was feeding her which was every 2 hours at the time. Yep....and there's Samuel crying again. Ugh.

My shift usually starts at 1:00 but tonight it started at 12:45 because the kids have been fussy since around 7:00. Even when it was my turn to sleep I couldn't really sleep because I can hear the screaming so I just came downstairs at 12:45 since I knew I wouldn't get to sleep at all the next 15 minutes anyway. I don't know what's worse....being the one down here dealing with them when they're like that and then getting to sleep later on or it being my turn to sleep but hearing them screaming so not really being able to sleep for a few hours but then starting my shift at 1:00 and staying up all day.

Samuel is still screaming and I just tried feeding him again and changing his diaper so I guess I'm just gonna go hold him even though it won't matter. I am so sick of this. This is why I've never understood how parents can keep their kids in their room with them when they are babies. Don't they cry ALL NIGHT LONG and keep you up? How can you even sleep at all if they are in there with you?

No comments: