Tuesday, August 4, 2009

NO, it is NOT like having twins

For some reason everyone who has had children anywhere from 11-18 months apart from each other feels the need to tell me that it "is just like having twins." Um....no....its not. I'm sure the older child is sleeping through the night and only eating three meals a day. Additionally, if I only had one newborn, they would go to sleep at some point during the night and then I could sleep when they slept. However, one of them is ALWAYS up during the night. They are on the same feeding schedule but for some reason someone is always disgruntled about something during the night. As soon as I settle one child down, the other one will start up.

The other night Granseur heard me get into bed after calming Samuel down who had been upset for an hour and a half. Then he heard a baby screaming again. He said, "Shannon, just let him scream...he's got to be exhausted, he'll go to sleep soon." Well the problem is....it was Anderson who wanted to start. It's like they know when their brother has stopped so the other one can start. Last night and all day today were exceptionally awful. (It's still bad... even though I'm here typing at the computer, Granseur is in the living room right now with two mad babies.) Even if they do go to sleep at the same time it always seems to be when Audrey is awake and needs attention. For instance, I finally got the babies to go to sleep together this morning around 7:15, well Audrey was up at 7:20. She even slept in....I think because the boys kept her up all night.

So anyway, I think I will just have to punch the next person who says, "its just like having twins."

I am going to try to take video of our very loud house soon. I missed it today. Both babies were screaming and Audrey had a toy duck that is extremely annoying quacking songs at us at the same time.

I've put my happy face on for the most part for the past 6 weeks...I think I'm entitled to a little complaining. I LOVE my babies...but geez! Can I get five minutes to myself?! My peaceful time today was this evening when I took Audrey out to Wal-Mart to get more baby wipes. The ridiculus part?..... I bought three large cases of wipes. Each case contains 7 packages. With three children I go through about a box of wipes a day which means that those cases will only last me about three weeks.

Every day I tell myself.... "I will make it through this day."

1 comment:

Cici Magee said...

and the next one, and the next one, and the next one! you go shannon!