Monday, August 10, 2009

Ready to run!

I had my follow up OB appt. today and everything looks good. I can go ahead and start exercising now. YAY! I feel so much better about myself when I do this. We ordered a double jogging stroller today that way Granseur and I can run together. We already have a single jogging stroller for Audrey. I looked at triple jogging stroller but they are just enormous and super expensive ($800-$1000). It's just not practical. There's a 5k I'd like to do in September....so that's my short term goal. Within the next year I want to do a half marathon and the year after that I'd love to do a marathon, but that's a while from now. I know I need to start out slow. I have a bad habit of going all out when I start an exercise routine. I messed up my knee the last time I did that. So even though I want to give it everything I've got right away in order to lose these last pounds, I know I need to build up my fitness level again slowly.

Speaking of weight....I'm already down 50 pounds! I lost those pretty quickly. Heck....almost 14 of that was baby so I guess those don't really count. But, I've been down 50 pounds since about 3 weeks ago. I gained a total of 65 pounds this time around (same as my last pregnancy) but I still had 5 more pounds to lose from Audrey to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight when I found out I was pregnant again. So I really need to lose at least 20 more pounds....but I'm aiming to lose 30. That's the weight that I think I look and feel best at.

I had to buy a dress recently for a wedding that is in a couple of weeks. Luckily I found something that doesn't look too bad, but I still hated spending money on something when I am hoping to lose more weight. And I did need the dress.... When Granseur had the ceremony to receive his PE certificate, I tried on everything I had and it all looked terrible or did not fit. I did not want to go through that again!