Wednesday, August 26, 2009

It feels so wrong

So after 4 years, I am back on birth control. It feels so strange to be preventing pregnancy and almost kind of wrong! It was January of 2006 when I found out I had a problem (I went off of birth control in July of 2005) and would have difficulty getting pregnant. We tried for so long (well....it felt like a long time to me...it was only 18 months but other couples try for MUCH longer) to conceive Audrey and now here I am today with three children.

I am very pleased with how my family turned out. You always wonder where life will take you and now I'm just thrilled to watch my children grow. I do love that they're so close in age even though it is very demanding at the moment. They're going to love the same things at the same time and when we go on vacations, we'll be finding things to entertain one age group....not 3 or 4. Granseur and I are already dreaming about making a trip out to the Outer Banks next year with our family. It's our favorite vacation spot and we can't wait to go back. I'm really looking forward to family traditions too like pumpkin picking and going to the mountains to pick out a Christmas tree, etc.

Anyway, its an interesting point in my life to be in to realize that I won't be having anymore children... especially after trying so hard to have them! It consumed most of my thoughts at the time and I still consider infertility and our struggle with it to be a big part of who I am even though it does not dominate my life anymore.

No comments: