Tuesday, January 6, 2009

VCUG appt.

Audrey had her VCUG appt. yesterday. We decided not to sedate her because she still has RSV. Granseur was able to stay in there with her but I wasn't because I'm pregnant. I could hear her screaming from way outside the door for the whole procedure. It was sad. When I went in to help get her dressed after it was all over, we laid her back down on the table to get her clothes on and she started screaming and crying even more because she thought that she was going to have to do it again. Poor girl. I hate that you can't explain to her what's going on.

Anyway, she has "severe urinary reflux" on the left side. It's bad enough that it won't correct itself and she will need surgery soon. We follow up with our doctor on what the next step is after this. I don't want my little girl to have surgery but I know that it will fix the problem. That's what was causing her awful UTIs that gave her a fever, vomit, and have seizures. So this is good that they know what the problem is.

On top of that, everyone is sick. Granseur and I have a terrible cold that won't go away and Audrey is still dealing with RSV. I'm ready for us all to be better soon!

No comments: