Thursday, October 9, 2008

Update on Audrey

We had three doctor appointments last Friday. I left the house at 8:30 and didn't get back home until 6:45 that night. We went straight from one doctor to the next.

We went to the urologist first. He's concerned that Audrey may have some kind of urine reflux thing going on but since she is so little and still sick that he would wait on doing a VCUG for a little while. So he gave us a low dose antibiotic for Audrey to take every day for the next six months so if that is what's going on, it won't ruin her kidneys with all the frequent UTIs.

Then we were off to the pediatrician where she got another rosephen shot which was the last of three for her most recent UTI.

Then we went to the neurology place in Concord. They did an EEG on Audrey. She was a little fussy....who wouldn't be getting all that stuff smushed on their head though. Then I held her and she went to sleep in my arms during the EEG. It worked out great since it lasted over 30 minutes. We go back on Monday morning to the neurologist to get the results. We went to the neurologist because she always gets seizures with her UTIs. At first the pediatrician just thought they were febrile seizures but since her last seizure happened when she only had a temperature of 100 and she also had a seizure the next day with no fever at all, it was cause for concern. She also looked to the right when she had her seizure instead of looking straight forward or up. I'm not sure what the significance of that is but it was different from her previous seizures. We also go back to the pediatrician on Monday to make sure that she is over her UTI.

On top of all that, the entire family is sick and has been now for almost a week. It started out with a sore throat for a couple of days and now we're all congested. It made me miss a MOPS meeting that I was so looking forward to, but I didn't want to go and get other people sick or other babies. I've only been to a couple of MOPS meetings but I love it so far. There's a lot of really nice ladies there who I'm looking forward to getting to know even better.

Granseur and I also had the pleasure of going to the periodontist yesterday for our receding gums. Granseur is lucky and doesn't have to have any surgery on his teeth, but I do.

That's all for now.

No comments: