Sunday, October 19, 2008

Corn Maze and Pumpkin Picking

We went to a corn maze last weekend and pumpkin picking yesterday. Just thought I'd share some of our fall activities.






Starting the corn maze. I'm leading the way...Oh no!










At night the corn maze is a haunted corn maze, so we saw some scary figurines along the way. Audrey wasn't scared though. She loved them!










OOOoooo.... can I have that?











Got it! Now what do I do with it? Stick it in my mouth?












No outing with Granseur is complete until he does something silly.












Granseur takes over leading the way.











Aren't they precious?









We've arrived at the pumpkin patch!










This looks like a good picnic spot.
Maybe I can take Mommy's drink while she isn't looking.
On the tractor ride to get to the pumpkin patch.
Here we go!
My workout for the day: Squating down with an 18 lb. baby strapped to me while also picking up pumpkins to add just a few more pounds. Repeat a lot!
Granseur checking out pumpkins.
A baby pumpkin! Apparently pumpkin picking is quite exhausting...especially when you don't have to walk or pick up anything.
The ride back after picking out our pumpkins.
Everyone knows that Daddy is the "fun one." Here they are going down the slide.
Gotta check out the animals, too.
Pumpkin carving time
Me attempting to make a jack-o-lantern. I've never carved a pumpkin before. I would just pick out one I liked, draw on it what I wanted, and someone else would get all the guts out for me, scrape the inside and carve it for me. Doesn't that just sound like me?
Oh and notice the glow from the oven behind me. We're roasting pumpkin seeds! I've never done that before either or eaten any. They were good. Too good....I ate too many. :(
Audrey getting in on the action. This is her baby pumpkin.
The final product. A daddy, mommy, and baby pumpkin. You can totally tell which one is Granseur's. He's a little (okay...a lot) more creative than I am.

No comments: