Friday, February 13, 2009

Stairs and vomit

Okay these two things don't really go together but today we visited a friend who had moved into a new home and Audrey discovered how to climb stairs! She could climb them all by herself and made it up about 8-10 steps! I was NOT looking forward to this fascination but it is cute to watch her learn.

Then I took Audrey to have lunch with her little boyfriend and all she wanted was some milk and yogurt. She ate at 11:00 but I got to see an encore of her food at 1:30! Seriously...I don't know how she does this. She'll just be playing and vomit randomly way after her meal and then go on her way. I clean vomit up almost on a daily basis. I think its worse than poop because you don't really know its coming and you don't have a special station all set up ready to deal with the vomit. It usually sprays everywhere, too. The worst part....the smell! Since I'm pregnant the vomit smells 10 x worse to me than I think it would to anyone else which in turn makes me almost vomit. I have to remind myself though that I am the mother and being a janitor is just part of my job.

Now here's the REALLY gross part. After I changed Audrey's clothes and cleaned her all up, she actually took a nap! (and a long one at that!) I've been up since 4:15 this morning with her so I decided that I deserved a nap, too. Well, when I wake up I realize I have just taken a nap w/ vomit on myself. Since I'm pregnant, I can't really tell what's going on in that space underneath my boobs but on top of my stomach. Apparently vomit likes to hang out there! I thought I was being careful when I picked her up to change her but I guess some of the loveliness made it onto my sweater. GREAT! Luckily it wasn't that much since I also come close to throwing up at the sight of baby boogers. (I was never destined to be a nurse.)

No comments: