Monday, July 27, 2009

Yes, he's wonderful!

I have the most wonderful husband in the world. He is my best friend and my true partner in everything.

After a particularly rough night (Samuel screamed for 9 hours straight except for the portion of that time that he had feedings) and lots of tears on my part, Granseur surprised me with flowers and a gift certificate for a massage. He even called my OB to make sure that a massage was okay this soon after delivery.

He also knows I've been very sad about the whole breastfeeding thing and he took the time to look up stuff that might help. He just wants me to be happy and is perfectly okay with me formula feeding or trying breastfeeding longer.... whatever will make me happiest.... but I just love that he is trying so hard to support whatever I want to do. * We did end up ordering the herbs to help but its still going badly.*

I love that he's involved and such a good dad. One of the twins is ALWAYS up and unhappy. For instance, last night Samuel was upset from 1:00 a.m.to 4:00 a.m. but then went to sleep. Anderson thought then that 4:00 a.m. to 7:30 a.m. would be a great time to be fussy. Agh! Since this is the case, Granseur and I take shifts at night. I usually go to bed around 9:30 (I try to go earlier but it just never works out) and Granseur takes care of the twins until about 1:00... then that's when I take over. If I didn't have his help, I would NEVER sleep.

He even took Anderson, Samuel, and Audrey out one Saturday morning after I only slept 2.5 hours total the night before so that I could have a morning nap. How great is he?! I love him so much and feel so blessed to have him as my husband.

He also wrote me a little note on our dry erase board in the kitchen. It says, "Shannon, I love you so much and am proud to have the most hard working, loving, and beautiful wife to be the mother of my three children. Love, Your thankful husband."

I just had to brag. He's amazing!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

You are so fortunate! A good husband goes a long way to keeping a woman sane :)

Cici Magee said...

when momma told me what he did i couldn't help tearing up! so awesome of him and so awesome for you!!! i hope it was amazing!