Thursday, April 16, 2009

My OB appt. today

Everything looks wonderful! The Dr. did a fetal fibronectin test which came back negative which is great. That means the babies are very unlikely to want to come out in the next 2-3 weeks. I also had an ultrasound done to check my cervical length and everything looks great there, too! He also checked me and everything is closed up tight! After all the tests were performed he came back and said that I'm locked up like Fort Knox and those babies aren't going anywhere soon! What a relief! I've been having TONS of braxton hicks contractions and there were two times recently I was scared that they wanted to come out. I had contractions 5 minutes apart for over an hour each time but then right around the hour mark they just stopped. This happened with Audrey as well way before she ever decided to make her appearance so hopefully they'll hang out in there a while longer, too.

I am in pain every single day and new stretch marks are starting to appear but its okay. I just remind myself that I want these babies to get big and healthy no matter what they do to my body. The less time they have to be in the hospital after birth, the better!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

first off, hurray for a good ob appt! second you NEED a ticker! I never know how far along you are!

Dana said...

I'm so glad to hear you are doing well and think about you often! If you ever need some help, now or in days, weeks, months to come, just let us know! :-)