Monday, November 24, 2008

Night Terrors

What an 8 month old little girl could have night terrors about...I have no idea! Audrey has night terrors almost every single night. We feel really lucky if we get two straight nights in a row where she doesn't have at least one night terror. That's probably happened only three times. She's not hungry in the middle of the night anymore, she just has issues sleeping. Sometimes it only takes me 5-10 minutes to calm her down and put her back to bed, other times it could take an hour and a half to get her back down only for her to scream an hour and a half later. I'm praying I finally get some relief tonight....even if its the only night this week. Now that I'm pregnant again, I'm even more tired than I was before getting up all the time. Last night one of her night terrors was at 5:00 a.m. (She normally gets up and stays up for the day at 7:20) It didn't take long to calm her down - probably 20 minutes when it was all said and done so that was good. The only problem is, I still feel exhausted and want to plop right back in bed but at that point I'm awake. It took me two hours to fall back asleep...I only slept 20 minutes because then she was up for the day. It's so funny though...when she wakes up for the day, she just talks to herself and makes cute noises. It's completely different than when she has a night terror. You'd think someone was killing her! I hope that this is a phase that ends soon. I need as much rest as I can get before the new baby gets here. I'll never sleep then!

Oh and I'm SO excited this is the week of Thanksgiving. All of Granseur's commitments during the week are canceled for the holiday so he gets to come straight home after work. I love it!

No comments: