Friday, September 5, 2008

It doesn't really end

I quit breastfeeding recently, and now the question of how we're going to deal with my PCOS and hypothyroidism has come up (both cause infertility on their own...I'm just lucky enough to have both!). Infertility doesn't really end. We had trouble the first time around and my conditions are not just going to disappear. In fact, I found out that my hypothyroidism has gotten worse. The plan for now is to see if I get AF on my own in the next three months or so and if not then go ahead and start prometrium and glucophage XR to help manage my PCOS. I have been on synthroid since I found out about the hypothyroidism and I will just stay on that but at a higher dosage than before. We would still like to add to our family, we just don't know when its going to happen. We're not really "trying" right now, but since my diagnosis we decided not to avoid altogether so that if we do get pregnant, it will be a great surprise! We would love to not have to use meds. If I can't get pregnant again, we still feel so lucky to have Audrey here with us. IF doesn't have quite the sting now as it did before Audrey was here. I mean...at least now I can actually celebrate Mother's Day and not feel so badly.

I still hate that my body doesn't work the way its supposed to but that also made my pregnancy and breastfeeding experience that much better though. God can do anything, and I have Him to thank for everything I have now. For those that don't know...I actually got pregnant the night I got baptised! I thought that was amazing. :)

No comments: