Sunday, August 31, 2008

Dreams DO come true

So far this has been a GREAT weekend. Yesterday, we went to a park and it was so much fun! The park has added a lot more since Granseur and I were there last. We took Audrey to see the petting zoo, took a nice walk around the pond, and saw an aquarium and some snakes. It was kind of strange though, at the exit they had a sort of gumball machine but you could purchase real snake skin through it...weird and GROSS!





Audrey also loved the bridge! Bouncy bridge Some geese also jumped in the pond right while we were strolling by with Audrey. She loved it! It's so fun to have a family now. The park also had miniature golf, a little train ride for kids, playground, a little water park area where the water spouts out from the ground, etc. We will definately have to go back to enjoy all those things when Audrey's a little older. We just had a great day. I was talking to Granseur about how perfect the day was and that I'm so happy with where we are at in life right now. I have always wanted to be a mommy and with our infertility I was so scared that might not ever happen. I also have an absolutely wonderful husband and I had no idea that marriage could be this great, but I am married to my best friend so of course its wonderful! I do tend to be negative and stress about a lot in life, and I need to be more laid back. Granseur just told me not to worry so much about stuff. He said, "see...dreams DO come true" and he was so right. I have the life I've always dreamed of now and its better than I ever could have imagined. I'm thankful every day that God brought us together.

This morning we went to church then this afternoon we went flying. (Granseur is a pilot.) Granseur is part of a flying club so we try to go flying every month so that we don't lose out on our built in flight credit as part of our dues we pay each month. Its the last day of the month so we wanted to get our flight in. First, it started off that we were going to go somewhere and get dinner but the place we were going to go, their courtesy cars had to be back in by 5:00 so that wasn't going to work. Then I called my sister to see if she'd like to have dinner with us, but she was busy.....so we just planned to go to our original destination so Granseur could stay current and do his take-offs and landings and once we got there we figured we would just get a little snack. Well, it turns out....we got there and we only had one dollar on us. So, we flew all the way there and then we could only split a can of Dr. Pepper and some m&m's. I thought it was funny. We had a great time though....it was nice to have some alone time. I had not been in the plane since I was pregnant and it was fun to go do that again. Here's a link to the video I made of our take off.... Take off




Getting ready for our flight


















Control Panel - glad I don't have to know all that stuff!









Us!














Me in the clouds










Our air conditioner - no really! This is just a vent and as we're flying it lets the air blow in. High tech, huh?










Our little snack. hehe








1 comment:

D4ew said...

if you need money, i can loan you another dollar. then you can both have DP and MMS